Wednesday 10 February 2010

Slasher horror



Friday. I made another sourdough loaf. And I forgot to slash it. AGAIN! And so another sourdough loaf was baked sans slash. Nevertheless, it did bake well and we all agreed it tasted pretty good. Slashes? We don't need no stinking slashes!

Sunday. I made another sourdough loaf. I slashed that mother!

It tasted just the same, baked just the same. But this time however, the loaf had a striking pattern of stripes accross it. It would've made a stunning dining table centre-piece for a dinner party with friends. Unfortunately, I wasn't hosting a dinner party. And I don't have any friends.

One slight eff-up: in the early stage of baking, the dough oozed* over the edge of the baking stone, which created a strange kind of loaf-claw* on the edge of the loaf.

*Genuine baking jargon.

No comments:

Post a Comment